This position provides leadership and administrative oversight for the Division of Mathematics.
Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging. Regular fulltime staff, administrators, and faculty enjoy the abundant array of University System health, retirement, and other benefits which includes tuition assistance after six months of employment. Additionally, GHC is a qualifying employer under the Department of Education Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF). This program provides student loan repayment and forgiveness for qualifying loans for eligible full-time employees. See https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public... for more information.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a master’s degree in mathematics, mathematics education, computer science or a closely related field. A doctoral degree is preferred.
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the sub-units in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require three to five years of related experience
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
• Collaborates with full-time faculty and staff to establish annual goals and objectives; mentors and supports faculty and staff; completes performance evaluations; recommends merit raises
• Reviews and recommends full-time faculty for tenure or promotion as appropriate; manages the pre- and post-tenure evaluation process
• Recruits, screens and hires part-time faculty; mentors and evaluates part-time faculty
• Completes classroom observations of full- and part-time faculty
• Develops initial course schedules; distributes schedule to full-time faculty for consideration and class selection; submits schedule for publication; assigns courses to part-time faculty; negotiates and alters class assignments and teaching loads for full- and part-time faculty
• Monitors enrollment during registration, revising and adapting the course schedule as needed
• Maintains and analyzes statistics, such as student success rates, average class size, and number of sections offered, for division courses
• Coordinates with faculty to develop, evaluate and revise curricula; ensures assessment activities are conducted in a timely manner
• Coordinates textbook and software selection for division courses
• Coordinates technology needs for instruction
• Plans and leads division faculty meetings
• Serves on college committees as assigned
• Processes, manages and resolves concerns expressed by students, parents, faculty and other interested parties
• Fosters an environment of academic integrity
• Develops and administers the division budget
• Performs related duties
• Ability to manage a diverse group of individuals who teach across five instructional sites
• Knowledge of curriculum development and course scheduling
• Organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work closely with a small group of academic and campus deans
• Ability to work with college leaders across multiple administrative units and academic disciplines
Applicants, please attach unofficial transcripts with your application. Official transcripts will be required upon offer of employment.
Application priority deadline will be 4/16/2017. Applications will be screened as received.
The hiring institution advertising this vacant position is responsible for the application, hiring procedures and content within this advertisement. Please contact the institution for questions concerning this vacant position.
University System of GeorgiaApplicant Clearinghouse
119 Holmes-Hunter Academic BuildingThe University of Georgia
Athens, Georgia 30602
Phone: (706) 542-7817Fax: (706) 542-2822E-Mail: email@example.com
Janyce Dawkins, Director
Kristopher Stevens, Associate Director
Clare Norins, Assistant Director
Louis C Castenell, Assistant Director
Sheila C England, System Coordinator
Sandra Gilbreth, Admin Assistant II
DISCLAIMER: The information on this site may contain dated information. Please contact the posting institution to confirm current position details.