This position is responsible for handling sensitive and confidential personal and financial information regarding students, faculty/staff, donors, board members, legislators and constituents as it intersects with foundation funding for our multisite USG institution. Provides accounting function for the college interface to the GHC foundation, and is responsible for multiple budgets, bank and investment accounts, and scholarship funding within the foundation, and ensures the Foundation’s financial viability with proper oversight of the Foundation’s multi-million dollar resources.
Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
• Responsible for handling sensitive and confidential personal and financial information regarding students, faculty/staff, donors, board members, legislators and constituents as it intersects with foundation funding
• Provides accounting function for the college interface to the GHC foundation and is responsible for multiple budgets, bank and investment accounts, scholarship funding within the foundation and ensures the Foundation’s financial viability with proper oversight of the resources
• Provides data analysis and reporting regarding donations, scholarships, and budget development and expenditures to the VP Advancement and Foundation Board Chair
• Reviews scholarship exception requests, based on confidential information from faculty, staff and students and recommends payment or denial of those requests – and is able to make decisions based on urgency in absence of VP for Advancement
• This role is designed by the institution as a Position of Trust
• Performs related duties as assigned
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the field of accounting or other closely associated field
• Experience in accounting, high-level bookkeeping and non-profit operations
• Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require two to four years of related experience
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
• Knowledge of tax laws related to donations.
• Knowledge of student scholarship processes.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
• Skill in the use of QuickBooks and other job-related software programs.
• Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
Position open until filled and applications will be screened as received.
The hiring institution advertising this vacant position is responsible for the application, hiring procedures and content within this advertisement. Please contact the institution for questions concerning this vacant position.
University System of GeorgiaApplicant Clearinghouse
119 Holmes-Hunter Academic BuildingThe University of Georgia
Athens, Georgia 30602
Phone: (706) 542-7817Fax: (706) 542-2822E-Mail: email@example.com
Janyce Dawkins, Director
Kristopher Stevens, Associate Director
Clare Norins, Assistant Director
Louis C Castenell, Assistant Director
Sheila C England, System Coordinator
Sandra Gilbreth, Admin Assistant II
DISCLAIMER: The information on this site may contain dated information. Please contact the posting institution to confirm current position details.