Job Purpose: Serving within the Research Faculty of The Institute, Startup Catalysts directly support the extension, service, and economic development missions of Georgia Tech to the State of Georgia and beyond. Primarily this role provides entrepreneurial incubation and acceleration services to Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC) companies in strategic areas that foster their development and encourage growth. At this time ATDC is seeking to fill a Startup Catalyst position in Savannah, GA. This position can/may start as part-time with the potential to become full-time depending on performance and regional startup development.
- Advise ATDC member companies in strategic areas (business operations, fundraising, marketing, etc.) that foster their development and encourage growth.
- Manage and cultivate ATDC relationships with investors, prospective business advisors/partners, CEOs, and community technology leaders to promote market outreach and business development.
- Serve as ATDC member company advocate for awards, conferences, and recognition.
- Identify and/or develop resources to cultivate and assist member ATDC companies and applicants (including delivery of entrepreneurial programs/events that promote business development & growth).
- Evaluate and assess business potential of ATDC applicant companies and provide recommendations for membership.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Technology, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related/relevant field.
- Work Experience: Five to seven years job-related experience (or equivalent combination of education and work experience).
- Skills: Ability to analyze, evaluate, and assess complex information; coaching and consulting experience; and an ability to use independent judgment and communicate effectively.
- Preferred Education: MBA and/or Masters Degree in related/relevant field.
- Preferred Skills/Work Experience: Ten years job-related work experience. Preferred applicant backgrounds include: (1) Founder of a technology startup or early stage startup experience; (2) Leadership experience managing a technology company; (3) Leadership or supporting role in securing multiple rounds of financing (angel or venture).
The Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC) at Georgia Tech is a startup incubator that helps technology entrepreneurs in Georgia launch and grow successful companies. ATDC is one of the oldest and most successful research university affiliated incubators in the United States and was named by Forbes as one of the "Top 12 Business Incubators Changing the World.” Founded in 1980, ATDC has fostered innovation and economic development by graduating more than 150 companies, which together have raised over $2 billion in outside financing. To learn more about ATDC, visit: atdc.org
Georgia Tech Extension Professionals are research personnel that fulfill the extension and service mission of Georgia Tech to the State of Georgia and beyond. This mission includes, but is not limited to, technology-based economic development, technology commercialization and deployment, entrepreneurship, start-up company incubation, and business/industry outreach. Extension Professionals also provide educational programs for business and industry in support of these missions through facilitating and fostering increased industrial engagement and sponsorship of applied research activities at Georgia Tech. Extension Professional appointments are based on the merit and special qualifications of the individual and follow the same general ranking, hiring, and promotion principles as other professional research faculty ranks.
Applicants are required to submit a single PDF document containing a resume and a one-page cover letter of interest. Email single PDF document to Amy Love: firstname.lastname@example.org / Jennifer Bonnet: email@example.com (& c/c Gregory Owen: firstname.lastname@example.org).
In the subject line of email indicate “Startup Catalyst, Savannah, GA. Application of Interest.”
Final applicant(s) will be required to undergo an extensive pre-employment background check including verification of education credentials through providing “official” (non-student issued) higher education transcripts; a detailed online past performance report from at least 3-5 professional references; and verification of any other applicable credential information submitted with application.