Georgia Tech Professional Education, an academic division of the Georgia Institute of Technology, is seeking to hire a full-time professional to develop and lead a new program in cyber security, specifically a non-degree professional development program with connections to Georgia Tech degree programs and based upon research in the field.
This individual will have an extraordinary opportunity to develop and lead an existing and new programmatic endeavors with significant benefit to industry, government and the workforce that is in alignment with Georgia Tech’s vision and mission. The successful applicant will have considerable experience in cyber security education including curriculum development and classroom instruction. Also, the candidate should have keen understanding of the professional education and training needs of industry and the department of defense. Because educational programs must be refreshed based on latest research in this rapidly changing field, an ideal candidate will have demonstrated research experience and continued desired to engage in research in the future. A PhD in computer science or related field is required.
Working together with other academic program directors and academic partners, this professional will be responsible for developing high quality and financially self-sufficient programs.
The Academic Program Director – Cyber Security will be responsible for:
- creation, approval, delivery and assessment of academic programs that directly impact industry and government, enhance the workforce and are applicable for professionals in the program area
- teaching in the program area
- hiring of instructors
- quality management of the program
- budgetary and fiscal management of the program
- thought leadership
- forming and working with an advisory panel of industry, government and academic participants who are stakeholders in the programs
- working with a team of Georgia Tech faculty, researchers, administrators and other professionals who are committed to making these programs a success
The selected candidate for this role must:
- have intimate and working knowledge of the field of Cyber Security in at least one domain and an appreciate of other domains (e.g., computer science, policy, built infrastructure)
- possess a deep understanding of industry and government collaborations
- have earned a Doctorate Degree in computer science or related field
- have at least five years of teaching experiences
Industry and/or government working experience is preferred. Salary will be based upon experience and is a twelve-month appointment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications, CV and references should be addressed to: Chair, Cyber Security Director Search, Georgia Tech Professional Education, 84 Fifth Street NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30308 or emailed to email@example.com with the name of the position in the Subject line of the email. Review of applications will begin January 18, 2016 and continue until the position is filled.
"The Georgia Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status."