Position Summary Information
This position provides leadership and administrative oversight for the Division of Mathematics.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a master’s degree in mathematics, mathematics education, computer science or a closely related field, with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in mathematics. A doctoral degree is strongly preferred.
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require three to five years of related experience
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
• Collaborates with full-time faculty and staff to establish annual goals and objectives; mentors and support faculty and staff; completes performance evaluations; recommends merit raises
• Reviews and recommends full-time faculty for tenure or promotion as appropriate; manages the pre- and post-tenure evaluation process
• Recruits, screens and hires part-time faculty; mentors and evaluates part-time faculty
• Completes classroom observations of full- and part-time faculty
• Develops initial course schedules for mathematics, computer science and computer literacy; distributes schedule to full-time faculty for consideration and class selection; submits schedule for publication; assigns courses to part-time faculty; negotiates and alters class assignments and teaching loads for full- and part-time faculty
• Monitors enrollment during registration, revising and adapting the course schedule as needed
• Maintains statistics of number of class sections and average class sizes
• Coordinates with faculty to develop, evaluate and revise curricula; ensures assessment activities are conducted in a timely manner
• Coordinates textbook and software selection for division courses
• Coordinates technology needs for instructions
• Plans and leads division faculty meetings
• Serves on college committees as assigned
• Processes, manages and resolves complaints from students, parents, and other interested parties
• Develops and administers the division budget
• Performs related duties
Applicants, please attach unofficial transcripts with your application. Official transcripts will be required upon offer of employment.
Application deadline will be January 3, 2014. Applications will be screened as received.
The hiring institution advertising this vacant position is responsible for the application, hiring procedures and content within this advertisement. Please contact the institution for questions concerning this vacant position.
University System of GeorgiaApplicant Clearinghouse
317 Holmes-Hunter Academic BuildingThe University of Georgia
Athens, Georgia 30602
Phone: (706) 542-7817Fax: (706) 542-7820E-Mail: email@example.com
Janyce Dawkins, Director
Kristopher Stevens, Associate Director
Clare Norins, Assistant Director
Sheila England, System Coordinator
DISCLAIMER: The information on this site may contain dated information. Please contact the posting institution to confirm current position details.